Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Not So Rose Colored Glasses

It's been two months. I no longer look at life the same way. I have changed. I cry at the drop of a hat, which isn't like me. The way I use my time has changed. My family priorities have changed.  And, of course this project dominates every day, in one way or another. I never stop thinking about, and remembering Denni, and the responsiblity I feel in his absence. I wonder if we are truly not given more than we are able to handle, if a window opens when a door closes. Is this all just the "big" test that you have nightmares about, realizing that you haven't been to class all semester and it is the day of the final?

Mark and I laugh so hard when we recall all of the hilarious times we had with Denni, and then I am saddened at the thought that there will be no more. But I am saddened more by the two children who have lost their father.  I am thankful for this blog and Alice (this may be my "special" purpose), as much as I complain about it, I don't know how I would have gotten through this time without an outlet. Life has changed, time has moved on, my heart still hurts.

Episode Note: "Not So Rose Colored Glasses"  One of my personal favorites. Jan, Jan, Jan never learns that she can't win. She's having trouble in school and a vision test reveals that she needs glasses, making Jan more distraught than usual. Meanwhile, Mike has the kids' photo taken as a surprise anniversary gift for Carol. Jan gets glasses, but refuses to wear them and as a result crashes her bike into the family portrait hidden in the carport. Jan concocts a lie to get the photo retaken, but this time wears her glasses without realizing that she had not worn them in the original photo. The jig is up when Mike sees the replacement (que fatherly lecture), and Jan must come clean about the accident. Mike grounds her for two weeks from riding her bicycle, only to find out that she sold her bike to pay for the second photo.  Jan finally sees that four eyes are better than none.

2 comments:

  1. Several times I, too, have been forced to wonder if we are truly not given more than we can handle. God has WAY too much confidence in us! I'm glad you have this outlet, Joan, and want you to know it is a balm for the raw hearts of all who loved Dennis and read your blog. Thank you for this daily commitment. I'm sure Denni is chuckling along with us at your daily remembrances. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete