Monday, August 29, 2011

Oh, My Nose Oatmeal Cookies

Oatmeal cookies and Alice doesn't even think they should have raisins. Julia and I decided to add chocolate chips, however.  I know I have covered this episode before (see "Big Man on Campus Waffles") , but I didn't do it justice, and today is my birthday, so I am taking liberties. I have to say, I have not been a big fan of my birthday in the last few years, but like most other things, this too has changed. I am celebrating this one and hopefully many, many more.



Episode Note: "The Subject was Noses" Marcia is being pursued by nice guy Charlie, who she makes a date with for the dance when he is delivering wallpaper samples to the Brady's. Then, Doug Simpson, the big man on campus asks Marcia out for the same night. Marcia, wanting to go out with Doug, but not wanting to hurt Charlie is in a conundrum. She goes to big brother Greg for advice, and he utters the immortal phrase telling her to tell Charlie that "something suddenly came up". Marcia does this and Charlie accepts the brush off. Meanwhile, just before Marcia's big date with Doug, she catches a football in the nose courtesy of Peter, uttering the other immortal words "oh, my nose". The nose swells up and when Shallow Doug sees it, he gives Marcia the SSCU excuse. Even with a broken nose, Marcia can smell a rat.. Charlie sees Marcia and her nose and loves her anyway. At the big dance, Charlie and Doug tussle, leaving Doug with not only a bruised ego, but a nose as well. The nose knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment