Monday, July 11, 2011

BeeBe Gallini's Macaroni Salad

Today I hosted the book club of my fellow docents from the Detroit Institute of Arts, so what better time than to make macaroni salad? Let me say, these women are all fantastic cooks and the food is always better than the books. Also, everyone always wants to know what I made, so they can be sure to get some - I've got a foodie rep with this crowd. Risky, I know. I have a number of pasta salads in my arsenal, but have never made a traditional macaroni salad like Alice's, you know with mayo and mustard and oh yes, my friend heavy cream. I liked her idea to toss in chopped red pepper right before serving, it almost made it feel healthy. I have to say, my rep is intact. Everyone loved it, and they weren't just being polite - I didn't even have to scrape any remnants off plates when I was loading the dishwasher afterwards.  I would make this again.

Episode Note: "Mike's Horror-Scope" Carol, always wanting to know what's next, reads Mike's horoscope. It tells of a mysterious woman entering his life. Soon thereafter, Mike gets a new high maintenance architectual client named Beebe Gallini. She has hired the firm to construct her new comestic factory. But this is to be no ordinary factory. She wants everything pink, and shaped like a make-up compact. Mike is at his wits end with Beebe's demands when she intrudes on the Brady household with even more changes. The Brady kids are impolite and unruly in front of her, and she rips each of them a new one for their behavior. This is the last straw for Mike, putting his brood before business, he tells Beebe to take a powder.

4 comments:

  1. Changed my posting name - copying from FFFF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Beebe still needs a new factory, I have access to what seems to be an infinite supply of Architectural Digest magazines for her...

    ReplyDelete