Sunday, July 17, 2011

He Fit the Suit

Denni had a lot of stuff, collections and interests. Man, he had stuff. And clothes, he had a lot of clothes, I mean a lot a lot. When helping Judy sort through his belongings, I ventured into his closet. You can learn a lot about a person from doing this. Father, lawyer, hobby enthusiast, athletic supporter, friend: t-shirts, suits, motorcycle boots, Michigan football wear, the tie he bought specifically to wear to my wedding in 1991, just so he'd match the bridesmaid dresses (again, lucky he didn't get his ass kicked). It's all in there. The only man with a larger wardrobe is the Ken doll from Toy Story3, and he had to be ready for anything Barbie threw at him.

Denni not only collected things, but it occurred to me that he collected people along the way as well. I was always happy to be part of his collection.

Episode Note: "Adios Johnny Bravo" [More of this plot line will be covered in a future post] The Brady kids once again try to land a record deal as a singing group (it's like they wanted to be the Partridges, or something). But the talent agents only want Greg, and sign him to be the "new" Johnny Bravo teen sensation. He dumps his sibs in a heartbeat for fame and fortune only to find out that he was hired because "he fit the suit" literally, a gold lame costume that had belonged to the previous Johnny Bravo. Greg realizes his mistake, tears up the recording contract and returns to the family fold.

1 comment:

  1. The highlight of my weekend was taking the suits to Degage. I met a man named Zachary who happens to be homeless. He was so excited to see the suits and shirts, and we had a wonderful chat. The two young men who were working on Saturday were also incredibly charming and nice. I had been so conflicted about what to do with the suits, but as soon as I met Zachary, I knew I had done the right thing -- he fits the suits.

    ReplyDelete