Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Driver's Seat

I don't really care for driving. I know this is ironic being from and living in Detroit, the Motor City. However, I have found myself in the driver's seat quite a bit lately. My sister Debbie, when we were talking about being so far away from Judy and the kids said "I wish Grand Rapids wasn't so far." My response was "it's getting closer."

You can do what you like with the 'driver's seat' as a metaphor. In that respect, clearly I am not in it. But I am back on the road again today (literally), this time to Mount Pleasant. Might be in for a bumpy ride. More about that tomorrow.

Episode Note "The Driver's Seat" Marcia lets nerves get the best of her during her driver's exam and Jan is nervous about a speech she must present. Mike gives them both a tip to diffuse the anxiety - imagine the audience in their underwear. It works, but Marcia is then engaged with Greg in the age old Brady debate of which gender is better, in this case as a driver. Mike sets up an obstacle driving course with a point system to settle the argument once and for all. Greg gets nervous (not remembering to envision everyone in their undies) and Marcia wins by a nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment