Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Aunt Jenny's Minestrone With Sausage

Soup is good food. Especially with fresh vegetables like zucchini, green beans, tomatoes and then loaded down with pasta, Parmesan cheese and Italian sausage. A hot, simmering pot for three hours. Probably should have waited for cooler weather for this one (had a hot flash while eating), but I am just doing what the book tells me. I don't want to make it mad. Served with a green salad and some crusty french bread (and more Chianti). Mmmmm. I would definitely make this again, in January.

Episode Note "Jan's Aunt Jenny" Yet another identity crisis for Jan. She finds an old photo of a girl who looks just like her (because it is) and discovers it is a picture of Carol's eccentric Aunt Jenny, played by Imogene Coca. Jan is anxious to meet Aunt Jenny until she sees a current photo and realizes she might grow up to look like a kook, like Imogene Coca. Ultimately, Aunt Jenny comes for a visit and Jan learns that true beauty may lie from within, like Imogene Coca. It is no secret to me why Jan  (aka Eve Plumb) refused to do any of the early reunion shows like "The Brady Bunch Hour" - she probably is still dealing with the trauma of the original series.

1 comment:

  1. I totally forgot about Aunt Jenny.

    I love how your soup bowl and table top coordinate nicely with the era of the show!

    For those followers who do not know me, that is a compliment of the highest regard.

    ReplyDelete