Sunday, June 26, 2011

Juliet is the Sun Julep

I have a lot to say on this topic. First, Alice's recipe is a non-alcoholic variation on a traditional Mint Julep as it calls for iced tea as the basis, instead of bourbon, mixed with a simple syrup steeped with mint. It is a TV fact that the Brady's never consumed alcohol and I find this suspect for parents in a house with six children. Carol had to have needed a 'mother's little helper' every once in a while, and I don't mean Cindy. Second, Denni is the only person I have ever been with in a bar who actually ordered a Mint Julep. Granted, in his defense, I do think it was Kentucky Derby weekend, but still. We are lucky we didn't get our asses kicked. Finally, upon reflection, Mark and I decided that I should make it Alice's way but we threw in a shot of bourbon to finish them off. Refreshing, with a kick. Might be my new summer helper, I mean cocktail.


Episode Note: "Juliet is the Sun" Marcia is cast as Juliet in her school's production of Romeo and Juliet, but feels she is not up to the role. Bradys being  Bradys go out of their way to convince her how great she is to the point where Marcia becomes an ego maniac. Her big head leads to her dismissal from the play. When the girl cast as Lady Capulet comes down with the mumps (an overused series plot line), Marcia pleads for a second chance and plays the role. Peter and Jan are cast as guards who's only line is "Hark, who goes there" yet they feel compelled to rehearse it over and over and over. I think I need another drink.

2 comments:

  1. This blog and your prose is a thing of beauty. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am addicted to reading these - it is great comedy/laugh time for me! I <3 the blog...

    ReplyDelete