Sunday, June 19, 2011

Big Man on Campus Waffles

Waffles, not my favorite food. Mark likes them, but in the 20 years that we have been married today is the first time I have ever made them. Luckily, we have his mother's waffle iron. Not so lucky, it is so old that the cord is fabric and I am sure it is not UL listed. But, as an added bonus, Judy dropped by to eat.

Again, a straightforward flour, butter (too much), sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, milk and buttermilk recipe. And I know how to iron, so I thought cooking would be a breeze, after I got over the initial fear of an electrical fire. Little did I know. First try a disaster. Two finger burns later, I found my stride. Everyone has full tummies.

Episode note: "The subject was noses" - probably the most infamous of all Brady Bunch episodes. The "big man on campus" refers not to Denni or Greg but to Doug (pronounced Duugh) Simpson. Also the origin of the sayings "oh, my nose" and "something suddenly came up." If you've never seen this one, or haven't for a while, do yourself a favor and watch it on YouTube today.

Happy Father's Day Denni

1 comment:

  1. Inspired to have waffles tonight for dinner but sticking with my Bisquick recipe. I'll play my Sunshine Brady CD while cooking to feel more connected. Groovy.

    ReplyDelete