Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Secret Admirer Caesar Salad

Fairly standard Caesar salad preparation. Romaine, egg, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice.  I love the way "fresh garlic croutons" are listed as an ingredient but the recipe doesn't instruct how to make them. Luckily, I know how. Served with delicious spaghetti and meatballs, although I had to use store bought pasta as the summer humidity wreaks havoc on  fresh pasta dough. All in all, glad to be done with breakfast. Went well with a nice bottle of Chianti.

Episode Note "Cindy Brady, Lady" [By happenstance, this was the latest episode on our DVR queue so Julia and  I watched it today] Cindy wants to be more grown up like Marcia, Marcia, Marcia and Jan. She begins to dress differently, reads Hemingway and puts on a sophisticated air. Bobby decides to help by creating a secret admirer for Cindy. When Mike exposes Bobby's ruse, Bobby gives his friend Tommy a Kennedy half dollar (remember when one of those was worth something?) to pose as the admirer. At first Tommy thinks the new Cindy Brady is a stick in the mud, but once she lets her hair down (literally) he gives Bobby back the money and spends time with Cindy free of charge. What caesar salad has to do with any this, I do not know.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what Mark did with the Kennedy half I gave him?

    ReplyDelete